Friday 30 July 2010

Blue-Winged Pitta

 

Another visit from a feathered friend!

I had just gotten home and started unpacking my things that are still in boxes when I noticed this little figurine out on the balcony.  But I have not placed anything there. 

When I realised it was a bird, I moved away slowly to grab my camera and took these shots through the glass door.

As my bird book was still packed away, I had to ask a friend, whose first comments were, "Blue-winged Pitta!  Wow!  And at such close range!"

So that was how I found out what bird this is.  A lifer for me.

According to "wchinner", this little birdie had probably flown into the glass door, so there it was sitting on the floor when I found it as it had to recover from the crash.

 

 

After a while, it did lift its head to look at me and it continued watching my every movement for quite some time.  I went about unpacking, all the while trying not to stare back at it and trying not to disturb or scare it with any sudden movements. 

But when I did look again, it was gone!

And it had left behind a little blob of a gift for me.....

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment