Monday 18 July 2011

Captivated By A Snail!




Yes, there were dragonflies everywhere too but this snail certainly had me in a spell for quite a while!


A very handsome snail indeed..... if I may say so.


Even as I stood over it and watched, it went creeping and crawling along on its muscular foot, minding its own business.  I suppose it could sense there is no danger in my presence and so it did not withdraw into its shell, thus giving me lots of opportunities to observe it.


And then I looked at its eyes at the tips of those long tentacles and started wondering...
What kind of vision would a snail have? 
How does it perceive the world around it?
Won't you be curious too?


Those eyes seem to be independent of each other and at times, the tentacles would be pointing in opposite directions.


Snails are rather fascinating creatures, wouldn't you agree?


Another one of nature's beautiful creations.




No comments:

Post a Comment