Tuesday 30 August 2011

A Sunny Day After The Rain

I really do enjoy the view from my balcony..... whether it is a hot, sunny day or a rainy day. 
In other words, on just any day and I am actually out here each day even if for a short period of time.

I don't get the sea view or the pool view or even the hill view at all.  Just palm trees...

Quite often I would sit out here while having breakfast or lunch or while enjoying a glass of wine in the evening and sometimes I would just sit out here to ponder and take in the view of the greeneries, watch the birds and the butterflies.

A pair of Orioles have been dropping by. 
Here's a photo of one of the Orioles, taken yesterday evening.
Wish I'd had my tripod set up but it wasn't.



And this morning, the sun finally awoke from its slumber after five days of rain.  As it warmed up, the view from the balcony was full of activities.  I find it quite a treat to watch the antics of these birds.

There was quite a racket too, with all the birds chirping, especially from the Starlings.

A bunch of them were on the ground pecking on the fallen palm fruits.



All the birds were busy feeding as perhaps there would have been limited food or less foraging the last several days?

And then I spotted this little Starling partially hidden among the palm leaves.  It kept looking up and looking around.



And then I realised there were actually two little Starlings, waiting for their parents to bring food.  Just as suddenly, they were all eager and excited and kept calling relentlessly......


The parent then swooped down and got busy feeding them.





The view from the other balcony can be interesting too.  Though I do not spend as much time there, I would often be on the lookout for the Dusky Leafed Langgurs.

Two days ago, even in the rain, this Langgur came out to its favourite spot to feed. 


Not the best photo but can you spot its tail trailing down?  As the gusts of wind came up and shook the branch around with the Langgur nestled among it, my heart went out to this primate.  This is survival. 

And this morning?  Here he is again...


Nature at my doorstep.....





No comments:

Post a Comment