Saturday 5 March 2011

Yellow Petals



One of the first things that caught my attention when I got to the stream was all the yellow petals floating on the water.  These petals must have fallen this morning as most of them still looked very fresh.

Seeing all these petals prompted me to look up...



Nice indeed.




No leaves... just all these bright yellow flowers and the buds, and perhaps even fruits, on the bare branches high above me.

Deciduous trees in our tropical forests will shed their leaves in hot, dry conditions as the tree is not getting enough water.  During this season, these trees will also have an increased propensity to flower.




I started wondering if I can find out the name of this flower?  What species of tree is this?

I looked around and found the remnant of one of the flowers that had dropped onto the ground.



Only one petal had remained intact in the fall but the sepals and stamens are still in one piece. 

An interesting looking flower.

It looks to be one of the Dillenia species (Family Dilleniaceae).

I don't have a clue which is it exactly.

Please do drop me a note if you do...




No comments:

Post a Comment