Wednesday 3 February 2010

Another Red Dragonfly But.....

Saw another red dragonfly the other day.  The way it was flying was different from other red dragonflies I had seen.  That was how I noticed it. 

Anyway, it kept flying tirelessly up and down guarding over its territory and seldom stopped to perch.  When it did, it was only for a short moment before it took off again.  I barely had any time to take any photos but noted a few features though it was not enough for me to id it.

This red dragonfly is rather large, has a dark coloured thorax and the tip of its abdomen was much darker too.

I waited there, all ready to take a shot when it did perch again but before any of that could happen, a bee-eater swooped down at the buzzing dragonfly and that was it!

Oops!

Now I'll have to see if I can find it again.....

Anyway, here's the Chestnut-headed Bee-eater that ate the red dragonfly!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment