Monday 12 December 2011

My Potted Plants


I am very well aware that the full moon affects me in many ways...

With the lunar eclipse this past Saturday, I could almost be going crazy with energy! 
And I have certainly been feeling restless for a few days with all the energetic vibes from the full moon.


This photo was taken on Saturday evening just before the full lunar eclipse.
It won't make "photo of the year" but at least I did manage to get one decent photo.


Anyway, there has been some major renovation works downstairs that's been going on like forever!  Since then, layer upon layer of fine dust have coated my car and my plants.  Then, the contractor started painting the walls this week.  When I got home on Friday afternoon after a kayak trip in the mangroves, I realised the doors have been whitewashed.  Out of nowhere, it clicked in my head that this could only mean one thing - no more dust!

Feeling energetic,  I got out a bucket and sponge and washed my car. 
When that was done, I scrubbed my front stoop and stairs. 

Early the next morning, out came another bucket and a smaller sponge.
Then I practically spent over an hour wiping the caked dust off almost every leave on all my potted plants. 


Here's looking at the lacklustre leaves with a layer of dust covering its surface.



After the sponge job, I even used a tissue to wipe the remaining residual dirt off the leaves.  Now you can see a nice sheen on these leaves.



Did the same for the Birds' Nest Ferns too....



These plants need to breathe as well. 
All those layers of dust on the leaves would have been choking the plants, reducing its efficiency at photosynthesis. 
Now that these leaves can breathe easy, I know that I will breathe better too! 

Thanks to the moon!

Call me crazy.
Maybe even peculiar or eccentric, for doing what I did spending hours cleaning those leaves. 
Or perhaps, more aptly, loony or a lunatic!
But..... who cares?  What matters is that I do think the plants appreciated it!

Anyway, have you ever wondered how the words 'loony' and 'lunatic' came about?




No comments:

Post a Comment