Wednesday 11 January 2012

Without Its Leaves



Went out with a friend for an evening walk the other day. 
We had hoped for an amazing sunset but it had been cloudy and a bit overcast. 
And there were only a few streaks of colour in the evening sky.

So I thought perhaps we could still get to observe a beautiful moon rise.
But it was all cloudy in the east as well, so that did not happen either.

Anyway, as we walked along, I stopped, looked up and muttered, "Pretty tree."
So my friend looked up as well, pondered for a few seconds, grimaced and said, "Pretty, meh?"
Ignoring her comments, I got out my camera and took a few shots of this tree.




And so my friend agreed that it is rather pretty after all.

This tree, without its leaves,
And without any glory.
Still standing tall
Still standing mighty
When you look into its soul,
You begin to realise,
You are looking at its beauty!




No comments:

Post a Comment