Tuesday 5 April 2011

Blue, Blue, Blue... Blue Is Beautiful!

I am still buoyed by the high of being on cloud nine having spent yesterday out exploring; when time stood still and I had been completely immersed in nature.

Add to that, to have this dragonfly flutter past my face and land to perch so close to me was an added bonus.



This dragonfly is the Tyriobapta torrida of the family Libellulidae.  According to The Pocket Guide, this dragonfly is "obvious by virtue of dark, slightly iridescent patch at hindwing base."  The male has hindwing length of 25-26 mm and these dragonflies can be found in forest swamps.

It is a beautiful dragonfly indeed.  And such a beautiful blue!



Sometimes, to have a dragonfly perched at such close proximity also makes it tricky for photography as I hadn't dared move much in case I scared it away before I could take any photos.

So these are the two best shots I did get and when I shifted again for a different angle, it did flutter away to land momentarily on a rock and then it flew off and disappeared...

Maybe I will find a pair of them the next time... who knows?

These dragonflies and nature itself always keep me in awe.

Who wouldn't?  After all, nature is just amazing... and nature keeps putting on such beautiful performances at sunset.  This is the view from my balcony this evening...


Here's a toast to nature!



No comments:

Post a Comment