Saturday 27 March 2010

Recycling!

 

This is not a very common sight in Langkawi.

No doubt it is quite common for the locals here to transport anything and everything they can using the motorbike, without thinking twice about safety aspects, recycling is still not very widely practiced by many people here as yet.

Seeing this motorbike piled high and wide with all those bags of aluminium cans did put a smile on my face though this guy was riding slow and holding up traffic along that narrow road.  And then he did flag out his arm to indicate his intention to turn. 

If only more people would recycle.

As for myself, I practice all the R's as much as I can.  I try to conserve and reduce wastage, I reuse and recycle stuff and I even have my own compost bin at home.  Also, I indulge in some R&R with nature to feed the mind, body and soul!

At the end of the day, it is not just about recycling and it is not just recycling that counts.  It is your lifestyle decisions and everything that you do on a day-to-day basis to minimise your impact on the environment.

I sincerely hope you are doing the same and doing your bit for the environment too.

Are you?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment