Saturday 10 April 2010

More Of The Blues

 

Another blue damselfly! 

Don't ask me how I knew this would turn out to be a different species when I decided to take this photo.  I didn't.  I had thought it seemed a bit different and, true enough, it is different from all those other blue damselflies that I have come across previously.

This little blue damselfly is the Aciagrion hisopa of the family Coenagrionidae and this species is common in open areas.  The males have hindwing length of 17.5mm, S8-10 of its abdomen is blue and there is also the distinctive markings on its head.

 

 

 

View of the head and thorax of the Aciagrion hisopa.

 

 

 

S8-10 of the abdomen

 

Blue damselflies aside, perhaps I've got a bit of the blues too.  I am quite used to being on my own but since that hectic weekend in the valley, being home by myself is just not quite the same.  I am restless.  Anyway, I am sure I will get back into the swing of things soon enough.

And, perhaps, all I need right now is just another dose of nature.....

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment