Friday 30 April 2010

The Adult Damselfly

Several months ago, I had featured an immature damselfly of the species Echo modesta (read it here).

Soon after that, I have been back exploring in the same area in the forest, again and again, to look for this damselfly and hoping to find the adult.  And I did.

 

 

The above photo shows an adult male damselfly of the species Echo modesta of the family Calopterygidae, which can be easily recognized by the large, distinctive, seemingly incandescent white patch on its head. 

He is certainly good looking!

However, this damselfly seems to be rather shy of people and kept flying away to hide.  Or, to phrase it correctly, it is probably wary of me as it is not often that people would venture there and I was the intruder after all.

Anyway, I am hoping to get a photo of the female one of these days.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment