Saturday 26 June 2010

Flirty Flighty Creatures

 

In terms of dragonfly sightings, things have been a bit quiet.

Partly because when I was able to go out, the weather hadn't been the greatest in that it was overcast or threatening to rain.  Either that or I would be holed up indoors because it was pouring cats and dogs out there. 

Also, I had recently stubbed my toe on some rock solid structures, twice in that same evening, and my toe had become swollen making walking a bit difficult.  After almost two weeks, the swelling has finally gone down a little and it feels better though I still won't be able to walk properly had I been wearing my walking shoes.  In other words, I have been putting my feet up when I can!

Anyway, when I did get out there, if I do not see too many creatures around, quite often it can be an indication that the rain is coming and this reasoning had seemed quite true on quite a few occasions.

Meantime, I have been seeing a fair bit of butterflies fluttering about in the last few weeks so I had focused on these creatures instead.  Here goes...

 

A Brown Skipper Butterfly (Hesperiidae spp) on the Ageratum whiteweed flowers.

 

The Common Sailor (Neptis hylas)

 

The Blue Pansy (Junonia orithya) on a Tridax daisy

 

An attractive-looking butterfly of the Euthalia spp

 

The Lemon Pansy (Junonia lemonias)

 

The Colour Sergeant (Athyma nefte)

 

The Lime Butterfly (Papilio demoleus)

 

The Striped Albatross (Appias libythea) that is commonly seen everywhere...

 

Several butterflies feeding on a watermelon skin left by picnickers.  The Palm Kings (Amathusia binghami) in the centre, surrounded by the smaller White-Banded Bush Browns (Mycalesis mineus).

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment